Spring Connectors

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spring Connectors

Post by Chuckt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 am

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11822

I saw a really long one on Mouser. I am on the hunt for a cheaper source for these.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spring Connectors

Post by Chuckt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:53 am

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:17 am

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:45 am

I think I found a good replacement and I have some good ideas as what to use.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 am

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pho ... Rbog%3d%3d

I found this spring steel wire from Mouser and I thought I was getting close. I finally figured out what those connections were in the 150 in 1 kit by Science Fair.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:49 pm

The first link looked to be the best however at 20c each, it's going to get quite expensive as soon as you try and make a 150 in 1 type product :)

Have you had a look on aliexpress.com?

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 am

brad wrote:The first link looked to be the best however at 20c each, it's going to get quite expensive as soon as you try and make a 150 in 1 type product :)

Have you had a look on aliexpress.com?
I found one part and for 500 parts, the cost is .07 cents. For 5000 parts it is .052 cents each. I would have to look and see if it is suitable for such a product.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 pm

so you're looking at $35 for 500 of them. Hmm - Well I don't think you would need all 500 to make a unit, so let's say you need $10 - $15 per unit. That's not so bad, but then there's the cost of all other components and the unit itself to put it in.

I guess that's why I was thinking of just using male headers to do the job. You can get hundreds of the thing for a dollar or two :)

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:18 am

A nice thing about the springs is that you could put many wires into a single spring, and use plain, tinned wires with nothing on the ends of them.

"so you're looking at $35 for 500 of them" does not jibe with "I found one part and for 500 parts, the cost is .07 cents." I suspect they were $.07 each, or .07 dollars, or 7 cents, not .07 cents.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Oops, I guess the way I was reading the .07 cents differently e.g. when you see something advertised with a price like this '$7.56c' it costs seven dollars and 56 cents. So when I saw .07 cents I took it to be '$0.07c' i.e. it costs zero dollars and seven cents.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:22 am

Yeah i guess they can be found from some better and cheaper source,Basically its about things that are necessary for us to be done,I mean going for things that suits our budget because that is the need.
Sometimes we really get appropriate sources and that keeps helping us in purchasing ahead.
Nothing makes my heart beat faster than a handmade pottery