cheap remote control quadcopter

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

cheap remote control quadcopter

Post by bitfogav » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 pm

If you like remote control devices that fly like I do then you might like one of these?. Ive got one and its been great fun :)

Hubsan X4 (H107) quadcopter
201361717425401031.jpg
Hubsan X4 (H107) quad copter
201361717425401031.jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 18543 times
Or why not one with an on board camera that you can record onto a micro SD card.

Hubsan X4 (H107C) quadcopter
H107C-33.jpg
Hubsan X4 (H107C) quad copter
H107C-33.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 18543 times
There all over the internet, and your find them for sale on Ebay, you can even buy spare parts which are also cheap.
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: cheap remote control quadcopter

Post by brad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Any plans to modify your one bitfogav?

Surely you can incorporate a microcontroller based circuit in there somewhere :)

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 am

I'm interested.

It is $35 or $40 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hubsan-H107L- ... +Hubsan+X4

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:34 am

brad wrote:Any plans to modify your one bitfogav?

Surely you can incorporate a microcontroller based circuit in there somewhere :)

I could do actually Brad :wink: the one I have has got a camera, but you need to press a button on the quadcopter before flight to start the recording, maybe I can find a way of doing it with a microcontroller instead and a bit of reverse engineering of the 2.4ghz radio. :wink:

You can get the main control board for £10 on ebay which incorporates the 6 Axis system.
mainboard.jpg
mainboard.jpg (2.84 KiB) Viewed 18535 times

Chuckt - mines been great fun :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 pm

maybe I can find a way of doing it with a microcontroller instead and a bit of reverse engineering of the 2.4ghz radio.
Now you're talking!

Have you got yourself a spectrum analyser?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 am

brad wrote:Have you got yourself a spectrum analyser?
No, do have any recommendations? :lol:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:47 pm

We have some great HP ones at work (can't remember the model number) but they were made in 1999 and have a beautiful grey scale LCD screen :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Its a good technology basically but shouldn't be made with cheap material because that is a bother.
Taking care of overall quality can take the thing to the next level,I have fly it and its fun but what you have highlighted is a bother also.
Nothing makes my heart beat faster than a handmade pottery