Gameduino 2

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gameduino 2

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/208 ... s-personal

Just watch the graphics. They speak for themselves.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gameduino 2

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 am

I figured out it is using the EVE (Embedded Video Engine) chip from FTDI that I may have talked about here before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJ0br7l ... r_embedded

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 am

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:06 am

It do indeed use a EVE chip (FT800) looking at the design, I have been working with a dev board that contains the FT800 and interfacing it with Firewing/Swordfish.. It is a powerful chip the FT800.. :lol:
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Very nice looking game system there.

I have to say that I am quite in awe over this sort of thing - I make simple LED games on an 8x8 matrix and I am sometimes wracking my brain to try and get the simplest thing to work. Then you look at a project like this and it just boggles my brain as to how they do it!

bitfogav - you've got me intrigued as to your new project :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:12 am

brad wrote:bitfogav - you've got me intrigued as to your new project :)
Well check out this Eve TFT Disaply it contains a FT800 chip on the back of a TFT display, you can then control the TFT display via the FT800 and via SPI interface.

Also check out this Visual TFT this is another tool which allows you to use a Visual Basic IDE style GUI which makes it so simple to draw shapes etc onto a TFT screen via a FT800. the down side is that its not free software..

The easy bit is controlling the FT800 with Firewing/Swordfish, the hard bit would be putting together the interface GUI.
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri May 23, 2014 8:49 pm

David Barker has beat me to it, he has ported over the Gameduino2 code to Firewing.

check following link Firewing FT800

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun May 25, 2014 1:41 pm

David Barker is one very clever man I must say. I like what he did with the Gameduino logo :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun May 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes indeed he is very clever!. I like the widgets code, 7 seg display and some visual gauges, that will be very handy for making a display with several sensor readings!.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Looks perfect for a motorbike display!

David John Barker

Post by David John Barker » Fri May 30, 2014 2:48 am

...or if you would like to go all retro with your display

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Very nice David - I would have sworn that video was of actual nixie tubes!

This would make a great retro clock :)