AM/FM/SW receiver integrated on a single CMOS chip

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 am

The analogue tuning voltage can be provided by a simple potentiometer, and the IC communicates with a host microcontroller over an I²C-compatible 2-wire control interface to display frequency and stereo/mono data on an LCD. The receiver IC covers the frequency ranges of 504 to 1750 kHz (AM), 2.3 to 28.5 MHz (SW – Si4844 only) and 64 to 109 MHz (FM). It supports digital tone and volume control, and provides a stereo/mono indication on the display.

The Si4840 and Si4844 operate over a supply voltage range of 2.0 to 3.6 V and are available in a 24-lead SSOP package.

http://www.elektor.com/news/am-fm-sw-re ... paign=news

Product's Website Commercial Link:
http://www.silabs.com/products/audiovid ... 40-44.aspx

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AM/FM/SW receiver integrated on a single CMOS chip

Post by brad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 pm

how they can fit all tuning circuitry in a chip is amazing.