Cheap Electronics Websites

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cheap Electronics Websites

Post by Chuckt » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:37 pm

If you know of cheap electronic websites, please post them here:

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Check out http://www.sure-electronics.com

They are great for LED matrix displays!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:39 pm

They do have some cheap prices on that site! Nice find.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I am not sure they are really "cheap" per-say but here are a couple of my favorites. These are moreso for kits and projects, etc.

www.seeedstudio.com - (coolest product - DSO Nano)

www.sparkfun.com

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Heres a good cheap website for cheap electronics if your in the UK, but im sure they do international delivery and the shipping is quick!!!

http://uk.farnell.com/

:o

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Starting to get a nice handful of links here.

Let's not forget about ebay for great bulk lots!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:55 pm

sdudley wrote:I am not sure they are really "cheap" per-say but here are a couple of my favorites. These are moreso for kits and projects, etc.

I'm trying to be 100% careful. I noticed that seeedstudio is in China and only uses Paypal. Has everything gone right with ordering from them?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Chuckt wrote:
sdudley wrote:I am not sure they are really "cheap" per-say but here are a couple of my favorites. These are moreso for kits and projects, etc.

I'm trying to be 100% careful. I noticed that seeedstudio is in China and only uses Paypal. Has everything gone right with ordering from them?
While i havent bought anything from them, I am quite sure they are a reputable company. Stacy could most probably vouch for that.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:25 am

Chuckt wrote:I'm trying to be 100% careful. I noticed that seeedstudio is in China and only uses Paypal. Has everything gone right with ordering from them?
I have ordered one thing from seeedstudio so far and it arrived very quick. It was a little joystick (several actually):

I had to order the DSO Nano from another company (one of their distributors) because they sell out as soon as they get them. When I placed my first order (very small amount by the way), they gave me a coupon for a 10% discount towards my second purchase. I will be using that very soon! :)

I know that SparkFun.com does a lot of business with them so I have no problem buying from them.

Stacy
Attachments
Alps5Joystk.jpg
Joystick
Alps5Joystk.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 27692 times

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Very nice sdudley, you got the pictures to work in the end :) hehe!

Are these joysticks or are they like push buttons!!?

:)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:50 pm

bitfogav wrote:Very nice sdudley, you got the pictures to work in the end :) hehe!

I did not, that must have been Brad's handy work!

They are 4-directin joysticks with a center push button.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/alps-s ... l?cPath=67

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 am

sdudley wrote:
bitfogav wrote:Very nice sdudley, you got the pictures to work in the end :) hehe!

I did not, that must have been Brad's handy work!

They are 4-directin joysticks with a center push button.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/alps-s ... l?cPath=67
Wow!! they look like they could be used for some game type system!! :D

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:57 am

bitfogav wrote:Wow!! they look like they could be used for some game type system!! :D
Yea, I figured these joysticks would be a perfect replacement for multiple tact switches in a circuit. The bad thing is they can't be used directly on breadboard.

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 am

Can you get caps for these things too?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 am

brad wrote:Can you get caps for these things too?
Interesting you asked beacsue I have been looking all over to find something to work with these... to no avail. :(

I might just have to make my own. Maybe I'll mold some little round knobs for them.

Stacy