Cheap Electronics Websites

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:18 am

sdudley wrote:
brad wrote:Can you get caps for these things too?
Interesting you asked beacsue I have been looking all over to find something to work with these... to no avail. :(

I might just have to make my own. Maybe I'll mold some little round knobs for them.

Stacy

What about these? any good? ive never orderd from this site before but I found this site awhile ago when I was looking for some certain tact switches..

http://kangyang.manufacturer.globalsour ... roduct.htm

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:56 am

Those look pretty good, I wonder if I can find any sort of bulk lot on ebay?

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:44 pm

I think those would be excellent but that is one of the China wholesalers where you have to buy like 20,000 piece minimum.

Besides, I was looking for something that is shaped like a little Mario Brothers dude. :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:57 am

sdudley wrote:I think those would be excellent but that is one of the China wholesalers where you have to buy like 20,000 piece minimum.

Besides, I was looking for something that is shaped like a little Mario Brothers dude. :D
Could you have 20,000 made before the weekend?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:53 am

brad wrote:Could you have 20,000 made before the weekend?
"Aye-Captain"... It'll take me at least THREE days!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:02 am

sdudley wrote:
brad wrote:Could you have 20,000 made before the weekend?
"Aye-Captain"... It'll take me at least THREE days!
Actually cancel that, I don't know what I would actually do with 20,000 of them...

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 pm

brad wrote:While i havent bought anything from them, I am quite sure they are a reputable company. Stacy could most probably vouch for that.
I placed an order and I got it within a week by registered mail. I ordered two bundles of wire, their deal on capacitors, resistors and leds, bamboo tweezers and two circuit boards. I didn't measure the box it came in but it was probably a 5 inch box and the wires felt like those wires you get from headphones you can buy at the dollar store. The wires are convienient but I think Brad's idea of using heavier guage wire is probably a better idea. The components are small so I'm not sure I'm getting my money's worth. The only other breadboard wires I bought were from a distributor (Smartboards) from Elenco and they are heavier guage wires at different and smaller lengths.

I'm ready to start doing Brad's tutorials now when I get a chance :)

Digigoose

Digi-Key - you'll find anything!

Post by Digigoose » Sat May 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I recommend Digi-Key, they have over 1 million components from hundreds of suppliers... you can view their catalog, their product index, or do a search if you know the part # you want.

http://www.digikey.com/

TestSubject421

Component surplus

Post by TestSubject421 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:08 am

http://www.goldmine-elec.com/

Just don't buy all the goodies before i get there.

http://www.electronics-expo.com/

Ohh and beware of the shipping costs when you order from sure-electronics
i almost placed an order for $20 worth of stuff and they wanted $48 for shipping?!?!?! i didnt even choose anything bulky or heavy!

P.S. DSO NANO = :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
seeedstudio is good but be patient.

jenne10

Re: Component surplus

Post by jenne10 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:53 pm

TestSubject421 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2010 7:08 am
http://www.goldmine-elec.com/

Just don't buy all the goodies before i get there.

http://www.electronics-expo.com/

Ohh and beware of the shipping costs when you Buy camera online sure-electronics
i almost placed an order for $20 worth of stuff and they wanted $48 for shipping?!?!?! i didnt even choose anything bulky or heavy!

P.S. DSO NANO = :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
seeedstudio is good but be patient.
Hello
I think large retailers are able to negotiate lower pricing than small shippers, their volume discounts are not the reason for the shipping charge you encountered. The truth is, the retailer is subsidizing the shipping. They bury part of the shipping cost in the price of the item to increase the likelihood you will buy from them.