Cheap LED Matrix Displays!

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cheap LED Matrix Displays!

Post by brad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:58 am

I have been looking for a way to simplify the construction of the Super Pong Table. The answer came from aliexpress :)

A simple 'LED MATRIX' search will result in a whole heap of results. Led matrix displays in single color, bi-color and RGB. all different shapes and sizes.

For example, a 32 x 16 RED LED matrix will set you back about $10. Get two of them and you have a pre-made display for your Super Pong Table.

Link
http://www.aliexpress.com/
screen-capture-2.png
screen-capture-2.png (466.53 KiB) Viewed 5917 times

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cheap LED Matrix Displays!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks, Brad. The cost I'm pulling up from the United States is $14.95 for one unit and the shipping is $36.49 via DHL. You are right by saying that it would make it easier so I'm weighing the options for the future.

This is the link I found so I'm not sure if it is the right one but I took a pretty good guess.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/38 ... alers.html

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cheap LED Matrix Displays!

Post by brad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

That seems a bit much.

I think for me to buy two of them including delivery to Australia - it was going to cost $55