Itead Studio can get you 10 PCBs for $28 plus shipping

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Itead Studio can get you 10 PCBs for $28 plus shipping

Post by brad » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Just like what apple does with their products!

Purposely release them with run of the mill features, then after everyone has bought one, release the next model up so everyone buys it again!

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Nothing wrong with that! Be the first to market and when others get close... Slap out a quick updated release to keep everyone focused on your product. :P

Think about this, if companies wait until they have everything exactly how they want it... it will never get released.
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 pm

okay okay - no need to YELL!

rd1196
Can't get enough of electronics!

Post by rd1196 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:07 am

you think the buttons from the 8x8 game system would fit on that pcb?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 pm

The new buttons are actually quite a bit bigger than the 8x8 game system buttons so they wouldn't fit unfortunately.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm

brad wrote:The new buttons are actually quite a bit bigger than the 8x8 game system buttons so they wouldn't fit unfortunately.
Yeah, Brad did that for me. I have been gaining a lot of weight lately and my fingers are getting really fat so Brad upgraded the board with bigger buttons so I can play the game! :mrgreen:

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 pm

sdudley wrote:
brad wrote:The new buttons are actually quite a bit bigger than the 8x8 game system buttons so they wouldn't fit unfortunately.
Yeah, Brad did that for me. I have been gaining a lot of weight lately and my fingers are getting really fat so Brad upgraded the board with bigger buttons so I can play the game! :mrgreen:

Stacy
What can I say, I'm looking out for you big fella!

1kiko1

Post by 1kiko1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 pm

rd1196 wanted to know if the red and green buttons of that led boy in diptrace or did you draw it brad

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 pm

I had to draw the buttons in on the pcb using dip trace to make sure that they fit correctly.

The best way to do it is to measure the button with a ruler, line your design up using dip trace and then print it out. Check to see if the component fits nicely on the printout - if it doesn't, then you can modify it slightly and keep printing until it's all good :D

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:33 am

Thats an excellent tip Brad!!, and one I sometimes use to get it just right. :D

You can also use the Measuring tool in Diptrace aswell.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Yes! That handy ruler does come in handy :)