Cheap Arduino Websites

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cheap Arduino Websites

Post by Chuckt » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:59 pm

For some reason, some Arduino websites have some low prices to get electrical components.

Seeedstudio is one but another one is:

http://www.moderndevice.com/

They have a Bare Bones Kit and a Really Bare Bones kit. You are basically looking at 12 to 16 dollars plus shipping. The LCD's are low cost too.

The argument is that Arduinos are for people who are interested in art and not microcontrollers and because of that they are being criticized as 'the social' but lets give it a second look. They are easy for some people to learn so they may not be learning the whole microcontroller package but it is one way to start learning if money is a problem and some of the sites have good tutorials. If you are a teacher and money is a problem then this was one solution although some other sites have good teaching materials.

However, Gravtech is one site that has some LCD's I'm interested in because they are relatively low cost, big and there are datasheets/examples to program.

http://store.gravitech.us/lcds.html

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I like the touch sensor keypads on that last site that you posted:

Attachments
keypad.png
keypad.png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 5867 times