Ebay feedback...

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ebay feedback...

Post by sdudley » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 pm

If you are an ebayer, be careful of the feedback you choose to leave!

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/201 ... 1006/rss01

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 am

That is just crazy!

Why would you have the ebay feedback system if you can't use it?

On another note - I don't understand why a seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer. I recently sold a mobile phone and the buyer did not send any emails and did not pay for the item, they left feedback for me which stated that they changed their mind after the auction.

Now why can't I leave bad feedback for them so other sellers can see that they are dodgy?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:18 am

I thought you were able to reply to any feedback. I guess not eh? It's been a while since I purchased or sold anything on ebay so I don't remember too much about it. :?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 am

You can reply to feedback but the damage has really been done anyway.

Anyone could make up a story for their reply. E.G.

If someone gave bad feedback that said the item arrived broken (and it was broken when it was sent) Then the dodgy sellfer could then reply stating that it was working fine when they sent it.

All in all, I think it is a terrible system.

I think it's time to launch bradbay...

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am

brad wrote:I think it's time to launch bradbay...
That's a great idea... then you could sell LEDBoy's, 8x8 Game Systems, POVBoy's, and all kinds of fun stuff! :wink:

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:42 pm

brad wrote:
I think it's time to launch bradbay...
I know a seller who closed his online store. The problem was people wanting lower prices and he got negative feedback. My advice to him was to raise his prices to keep the problem people out.

Amiga users were getting gouged on Ebay because investors started to deal with the equipment which started raising prices. They started Amibay.com in response.

I'm guilty. I bid on a used Amiga on ebay. I asked the seller a question and he didn't answer during the bidding. And I guess I didn't read the listings well enough before impulse kicked in. I figured a way out. The reseller was a recycler and he said there was no way to test the computer. I said he never plugged the unit in and looked to see if the LED/Light went on which is a test. They must have changed the rules because of me. I didn't buy it and I didn't have Paypal set up so there was little recourse. I had some other reasons that I listed as well. Since then I've been hesitant to deal with Ebay.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 am

I have seen amibay before but didn't know that they started it up like that. How long ago would that have been?

I am guessing this would have been in the 90's perhaps?