Wireless transceivers

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wireless transceivers

Post by brad » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi guys, I just bought myself a couple of transceivers from sure electronics, they cost around about $20 including postage for two of them.

http://www.digital-diy.com has a great example of how to use these devices utilising the onboard USART of the pic microcontroller.

Basically I will be able to transmit and receive data between two pics which will be great for two player games. We'll see how it goes :)

Mitchy
decided to stick around...
decided to stick around...

Re: Wireless transceivers

Post by Mitchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Cheap as chips!

The full write-up for the content can be found here: http://www.digital-diy.com/home/swordfi ... onics.html

They are pretty much configured out of the box - the only real catch was pulling SETFREQ high (that and an example transmit/receive program can be found in the above link)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wireless transceivers

Post by brad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 pm

It would have been great if the antennas were able to be folded up/down. But I look forward to working with them nonetheless!