Useful information and links to cheap/free stuff

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Useful information and links to cheap/free stuff

Post by sdudley » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 am

Just another site to more electronic links...

http://www.ladyada.net/resources/procure/index.html

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 am

So you can get free samples of microchips and stuff?? :o

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 am

bitfogav wrote:So you can get free samples of microchips and stuff?? :o
Sure. Many places offer free samples.

Microchip offers free samples of just about any chip they have and now they even ship them to you for free! :D

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:40 am

wow! I didnt even know that :)

I guess they will only send you one or two? lol.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 am

bitfogav wrote:wow! I didnt even know that :)

They will allow you to place two separate orders every 30 days with a limit of 2 different part numbers per order. You can select a quantity of 3 per each part number.

Basically you can get 6 chips total (3 each - 2 different PICs), twice a month.

The catch is you have to register (then you will become a preferred customer). They used to charge a handling fee but lately I have not been charged anything.

I just went on the site and placed a sample order as I was writing this.
I ordered two PIC16f648A's and two PIC10f202's.

The handling fee was waived for this order... FREE!!!!

:D

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:12 am

sdudley wrote:
bitfogav wrote:wow! I didnt even know that :)

They will allow you to place two separate orders every 30 days with a limit of 2 different part numbers per order. You can select a quantity of 3 per each part number.

Basically you can get 6 chips total (3 each - 2 different PICs), twice a month.

The catch is you have to register (then you will become a preferred customer). They used to charge a handling fee but lately I have not been charged anything.

I just went on the site and placed a sample order as I was writing this.
I ordered two PIC16f648A's and two PIC10f202's.

The handling fee was waived for this order... FREE!!!!

:D

Ahhhhh nice one!!! :D

Have you ever ordered from a company over seas? would they charge you for shipping then?! hehe! :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:20 am

Have you ever ordered from a company over seas? would they charge you for shipping then?! hehe! :)
I have ordered samples from all kinds of companies, oversees and domestic, and rarely pay a fee. At most, just shipping (which usually cost more than the samples I order).

The Microchip samples usually ship from Tiwan and are mostly shipped 2-day express! Not sure why they would do that but I imagine it costs them a lot of money to ship samples the way they do!

Stacy

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:24 am

well you learn something every day!! haha :)

Thanks for all that info! :D

I might have to get myself some samples, Ill have to use my work email because my email account is a free one...