Eprom programmers

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

Eprom programmers

Post by bitfogav » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:31 am

Hi all :)

Can anyone recommend a good eprom programmer, preferably for the 27c256 and 27c512 eprom chip.

Mitchy
decided to stick around...
decided to stick around...

Post by Mitchy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:43 am

The PICKit will do 24LC and 25LC - not sure about the 27C though

Worst case scenario, you could create a small PIC program to program the devices

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Eprom programmers

Post by brad » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:43 pm

bitfogav wrote:Hi all :)

Can anyone recommend a good eprom programmer, preferably for the 27c256 and 27c512 eprom chip.
Hmm, looks like you are talking about parallel eeproms!

what you want is probably a willem or top programmer

here is a willem programmer on ebay that will set you back around $30 with postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Advanced-Willem- ... 3a5cd647a5

the only real downside is that it uses a parallel port rather than USB.

it will program all sorts of eprom, eeprom microcontroller chips etc...

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am

Thanks for that :)

Ive brought one of these willem programmers from a friend but my first problem i had was connecting it to my computer, My computer didnt come with a parallel connection, so I brought a parallel card, installed it, but I am having problems with trying to get it too work!! ARGHHH!! hehe!!..

the willem prog software will not detect my card, what ive found is that the address for my parallel card is different to the address options that you get on the willem software!!

I guess ill have to get a USB eprom programmer...

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:17 am

If you do get a usb programmer, have a look at the top series of programmers (they are more expensive but are quite good.)

E.G. look up the top 2007 programmer.

Otherwise, I think you should be able to change a jumper setting on your parallel card to change the address perhaps?