TI makes a big bid for the hobby market ($4.30 for a board)

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 am

The product number is MSP-EXP430G2.

I ordered two because it included free shipping.

http://hackaday.com/2010/06/22/ti-makes ... by-market/

There is no ETA if you are okay with that.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 am

I just read that on hackaday just before coming to the forum :)

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm

I got mine in the mail today. It is a really small board. I only opened it up. I haven't played with it yet. It looks like I'll be using the pin headers until I buy a surface mount soldering iron.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 pm

These boards are fast becoming popular.

It all started with Arduino (based around the atmel chip) then PIC came out with the amicus. The great thing is that with more and more companies getting in on the band wagon, it makes it cheaper for all of us!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Brad,

It will become hard for companies to compete. I'm sure it is quite competitive already. We might be seeing some smaller chips being used.

If you made a board for the microchips you use, it might make it easier for us and it might become something popular. Something small or about 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch would be able to be placed in small places. Adding a spot for holes which could be soldered or include pin headers would be good. A voltage regulator would be helpful.

I don't have an idea as to what kind of connection cable to use for communication and programming.

Chuck