TLC5947 24 Channel 12-Bit PWM Led Driver with internal Osci

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TLC5947 24 Channel 12-Bit PWM Led Driver with internal Osci

Post by Chuckt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:47 pm

A while ago, I told all of you about a 16 channel led driver by TI. This one is supposedly a little harder getting hold of.

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlc5947.pdf

I don't care where you get it but you can find a little more about it here:

http://macetech.com/store/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=17

Have fun.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Man, they are cool!

I will certainly be thinking about using them as an alternative for the LEDBOY project. it basically combines three chips I was using into one!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:34 am

The Arduino crowd will be buying them up for their Centipede shield (daughterboard) which adds 64 I/O pins. It appears from the daughterboard picture that each board uses four chips. Therefore it might be wise to check availability.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 1276068977

If there is a shortage, I know that Mouser gives delivery dates so you can be the early bird that gets the worm.

Well, I'm going to have to practice my binary numbers to use these things.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:29 am

hmm, I might have to give ebay a try