DSO in stock... NOW HAS STAND!!!

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 am

Chuckt wrote:Other people with credentials say there is a 100 MHZ minimum and they use a TEK 2235 100 MHZ scope.
It all depends on what you use it for.

None of my projects operate on a clock frequency above 4Mhz. And even then I need to add lots of delays in order to make my code work properly.

So for me, a 1Mhz scope would be just fine because I would never need to measure any signal above 1Mhz.

However, some people do work with circuits and make projects where they certainly would need a higher bandwidth scope.

Out of interest, do you think you would need a scope with a 100Mhz bandwidth?

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 am

I don't know what my involvement in electronics or microcontrollers will be in the future and I'm currently bored at the bench so to speak. I have never used an oscilloscope and I'm still a newbie at this stuff.

I'm putting my son in elementary school this year and they have a large computer lab but they don't currently have microcontrollers.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

I have never really needed an oscilloscope. For everything I do, an LED will handle the job of telling me if the circuit is working or not.

I really wouldn't recommend the DSO Nano for someone who is in need of a good o-scope. Don't get me wrong, I love mine and I even used it to show how the PWM circuit works in the latest tutorial I just posted.

If you are in need of a scope that can give very accurate readings such as watching the bounce of a button press, etc. then the DSO nano is not for you.

If however, you are like me and just want a really cool toy to measure the wave forms of your breadboard hobby circuits then the DSO Nano just might be worth the money. I am not dissapointed with the purchase, but then again I did not expect much because I read a lot of reviews and knew what I was getting into.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Chuckt wrote:I don't know what my involvement in electronics or microcontrollers will be in the future and I'm currently bored at the bench so to speak. I have never used an oscilloscope and I'm still a newbie at this stuff.

I'm putting my son in elementary school this year and they have a large computer lab but they don't currently have microcontrollers.

If you are getting bored, you need to think of something exciting to make. Something that will stretch you in your understanding of microcontrollers and electronics. Something fun!

What other hobbies do you have? can you mix any of those with electronics?

e.g. I mix my like for retro video games with microcontrollers and LED's to make games etc...