4 X 4 X4 Kit for about $11 or an 8 X 8 X 8 LED Cube for $27

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

4 X 4 X4 Kit for about $11 or an 8 X 8 X 8 LED Cube for $27

Post by Chuckt » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 am

3D LED LightSquared 4x4x4 2*5*7MM LED Cube White LED Blue Ray DIY Kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-LED-LightSqu ... 1247902933

3D LED LightSquared DIY Kit 8x8x8 3mm LED Cube White LED Blue/Red/Green/Yellow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-LED-LightSqu ... 1247902933

This is cheap compared to the one sold by Seeed Studio.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 4 X 4 X4 Kit for about $11 or an 8 X 8 X 8 LED Cube for

Post by brad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 pm

They are extremely cheap prices for those kits. There would be a lot of work involved in the 8x8x8 though!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 pm

I would have to inquire about the kit instructions because without the code and the instructions, an LED kit is useless if I don't know how to get it to work.

They also sell this cheap robot kit but I wonder how different it is from Lynxmotion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Leg-18-DOF-Ro ... 5659eebc4d

On a different note.

I started getting emails outside of eBay for a different item I bought from a different seller. I did some further research and it could be a creative scam. People can ship you with something of lesser quality and once you submit feedback, Paypal doesn't have to honor your claim and I read that the seller wants customers to ship the units back for fixing, the seller then provides fake tracking numbers to Paypal and Ebay won't get involved when you don't get your stuff back. I forwarded the emails we received to Ebay because I felt it was suspicious and we're not going to get involved but I want nothing further to do with a particular seller. People still have to be careful when dealing with Ebay.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

People will come up with all sorts of ways to scam other people unfortunately.

Maybe they could harness all of that creative energy for good and get a real job :)