The Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Post by Chuckt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:06 am

It is amazing what you can make out of trash. I wonder what electronic projects can be made out of trash.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: The Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Post by Garth » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

Not the best sound, but it's amazing what they've done with what they had to work with. I wonder what they do about strings though. I play cello, and I use relatively cheap strings at $60 a set. If the cello were a bigger part of my life, I'd be on the $200 set which I like (after trying many kinds), but I would have to be replacing several times a year. I also wonder about the bows. A good bow has the right weight, balance, stiffness, springyness, damping, etc., not just horse hair; and if it were easy to achieve, bows wouldn't start at hundreds of dollars for the half-decent ones.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Post by brad » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Speaking of trash,

I was at the tip the other week dropping off some things from our renovations. I also had an old CRT TV to throw away which I had to drop off at the electronics section. It was so cool! there were loads and loads of LCD monitors, tv's laptops, computers etc... all lying around and some were in near perfect condition. I asked the guy if I could grab some things, he said sure. I ended up getting computer monitors, a G5 power mac computer, an HP laptop, a 42" plasma TV and some other electronic bits and pieces. Most of it worked without needing any fixing!

I'll have to drop by there again :)