The Radiophonic Workshop

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Radiophonic Workshop

Post by Chuckt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

This is a documentary on the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. Delia Derbyshire made the original Dr. Who music and didn't even appear in the original Dr. Who credits or get a royalty. It is rare footage on how she came up with some of the music and it is alleged that this is the first time the world heard electronic music:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delia_Derbyshire

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Radiophonic Workshop

Post by Chuckt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Delia Derbyshire Radio Scotland interview 1997 Part 2

Post by Chuckt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Delia Derbyshire Radio Scotland interview 1997 Part 2

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: The Radiophonic Workshop

Post by Chuckt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 am

I listened to the first three videos and half of the last video. She made what sounded like what we know today as modern electronic dance music. It was unheard of in her time.