Jeb Corliss 'Flying Dagger' Stunt

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Jeb Corliss 'Flying Dagger' Stunt

Post by Chuckt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:46 am

Jeb Corliss made history.

There is a little bad language after 1 minute 35 secs but he has great advice on success.

Corliss jumped out of a helicopter, piloted himself toward Mount Jianlang, and flew through a narrow crack in the face of the mountain at a full speed of 122 miles per hour. The crack was 15-feet wide at the bottom and 60-feet wide at the top. The area he passed through was 30-feet wide, according to Outside Magazine.
http://www.businessinsider.com/jeb-corl ... deo-2013-9
Corliss seemed to have the golden touch -- until last January, when he was training on Table Mountain in South Africa and slammed into sheer granite at 120 miles per hour. It nearly killed him.
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/extreme-st ... d=20463440

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jeb Corliss 'Flying Dagger' Stunt

Post by Chuckt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 am

This shows how crazy and insand the jump is.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 am

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 am

Published on Sep 28, 2013

Jeb Corliss leapt from a helicopter in a special wingsuit and glided through a fissure only 10ft wide at its narrowest point.

An American wingsuiter has flown through a narrow fissure in a mountain in eastern China at 100mph.

Jeb Corliss, 37, leapt from a helicopter in a special wingsuit and glided through the crack in Langshan Mountain, in Zhejiang Province, to complete the "flying dagger" jump.

The fissure is only 10ft wide at its narrowest point in a 900ft-tall shard of rock.

He spoke to reporters after crashing down on to a bridge near the mountain's base.

"This is the greatest thing I've ever done up to this point. I am just so, so happy that we were able to do it," he said.

"I was really worried that it wasn't going to happen. I was sure it wasn't going to happen. I've no idea. I just didn't want to disappoint everyone.

"The Chinese have been so nice to me. The Chinese government has been so wonderful. I just didn't want to disappoint everyone.

"I am really glad I was able to do it, because it was so hard. This was so hard. This was really, really, this was the hardest thing I've ever done."

Corliss' other jumps include the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Space Needle in Seattle, the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, and the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia.

In 1999, he hit a waterfall in South Africa when his chute collapsed, leaving him with a broken back.

Ten years later, he broke his leg after hitting a building in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia.

And in 2012, he broke both ankles when he crashed into a bridge during a wingsuit jump in South Africa.

http://news.sky.com/story/1147663/wings ... agger-jump

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:10 pm

That is just absolutely amazing!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 am

I don't want to parachute but I priced a flying suit and it is over $1000 and the company won't sell it unless you can prove you have 200 jumps and one version of the flying suit I looked at on Ebay weighs 190 pounds so there probably is a glide ratio because I don't think you can achieve level flight and you have no motor to keep you in the air.

I kind of view it as a type of hang gliding. I hung out with hang gliders but never took it up but there are a lot of people who I talked to that broke something (an arm or a leg) learning but some are still doing it.

I can't view the videos I posted because of copyright. They put the videos on Youtube and I can't view them but they can be googled if anyone is having any problems.

Or you can view the most recent news and videos on his site:

http://jebcorliss.net/