Red Bull Stratos Full Video - Felix Baumgartner Jump (14/10/

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Red Bull Stratos Full Video - Felix Baumgartner Jump (14/10/

Post by Chuckt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Red Bull Stratos Full Video - Felix Baumgartner Jump (14/10/2012 Live)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Red Bull Stratos Full Video - Felix Baumgartner Jump (14

Post by brad » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 am

We were watching this yesterday - just amazing!

Just imagine how he would have been feeling when he was standing on the platform waiting to jump. It looked like he was not even in our atmosphere!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:44 pm

I didn't watch it on television but I am glad he is alive and I hope he made a contribution to making flight suits safer and that it might save lives. I guess he is a hero by risking his life to make flight suits safer in order to preserve lives.

I figured that if there is a problem up there, there isn't really a way to call for help so the only way to get help is to jump.

Unlike the flight simulators, there are no dots on the screen to show you a point of reference to tell how fast you are falling. Without an altimeter in a plane, you could actually fall 600 feet a minute without knowing it and that is dangerous because there is only 5280 feet in a mile so if you are two or three miles up, you could crash in no time for not paying attention to the altimeter.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall from 128k' - Mission

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 am

Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall from 128k' - Mission Highlights

Here is a link for tablet users:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W ... g-logo-xit

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Redbullstratos has some of the best video of what it is like to fall from that altitude.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/gallery/? ... 2707739001

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Red Bull Stratos - Space Jump LIVE Stream Video

Post by Chuckt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 pm

The full video was released.

Felix opens the hatch at 57 minutes and jumps out after 1 Hour and 1 minutes in case you just want to watch that part.

Everyone has been nice about these fun diversions. I'll try to focus on electronic projects from now on.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 pm

I can't believe it was back in 2012 that he did this, time flies!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 pm

A Google executive set a new record Friday by jumping successfully from near the top of the stratosphere -- some 135,000 feet, or 41,000 meters high, his project website said

The old record was set by Felix Baumgartner which was 128,000 feet or 38,969 meters and the record is now 135,000 or 41,000 meters high by Alan Eustace.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/4 ... e-of-space

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Google New Record ALAN EUSTACE Highest Skydive Jump FULL VID

Post by Chuckt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:54 am

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 am

Felix had a full capsule to go up in, it seems that Alan just had himself strapped to the balloon!