Traxxas XO-1 27 inch 100 MPH RC Car

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 pm

The car will hit more than 50 MPH right out of the Box and can be tuned via included accessories as well as iPhone/Android app connectivity to hit 100 MPH. This pint-sized vehicle will accelerate from 0-60 MPH in 2.3 seconds and 0-100 MPH in 4.9 seconds. We were somewhat surprised to see that this is not a gas-powered, but an electric RC car. However, there are two massive 3-cell 5000 mAh batteries as well as a newly developed 1650 Kv motor.
Don't think about it unless you have $1,000, $1100 or more.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/traxxas-xo- ... 13423.html

bitfogav

Re: Traxxas XO-1 27 inch 100 MPH RC Car

Post by bitfogav » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:41 am

Nice post Chuckt, Radio controlled cars is my second hubby!! and Traxxas is one of my favourite!..

I have several models by Traxxas with nitro engines, heres a few I have:
4907_3qtr_dramatic_med.jpg
4907_3qtr_dramatic_med.jpg (31.74 KiB) Viewed 9516 times
5309-front_on_m.jpg
5309-front_on_m.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 9516 times
5507-wheely-action_o.jpg
5507-wheely-action_o.jpg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 9516 times
revoengine.jpg
revoengine.jpg (42.82 KiB) Viewed 9516 times

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm

bitfogav wrote:Nice post Chuckt, Radio controlled cars is my second hubby!! and Traxxas is one of my favourite!..

I have several models by Traxxas with nitro engines, heres a few I have:
Cool vehicles!

I imagine that you have to repair them like regular cars? I suppose that any RC car traveling at 100 MPH is going to be demolished if it hits anything.

We have an electric jack at work that can lift 5,000 pounds and the electric motor burned out. The motor had a hole for ventilation so that it could cool itself and a piece of dirt got trapped between the electric motor's brush and the motor essentially burning it out and a new motor cost the company $500 plus the labor for the mechanic. I think we put a piece of tape over the hole of the new motor.

I can only imagine that a motor traveling at 103 MPH may need time to rest or you risk burning it out. I wouldn't know where to drive it except a track like that one and if you hit a pothole then you risk it going airborne, spinning out of control or getting demolished. I might be able to drive a regular remote control car but I'm sure driving one at 100 MPH would need a few more minutes of practice. I suppose the controls have to be redesigned so that there are levels between 10 and 90 miles an hour so that you don't just fly into full power by moving the controls an inch.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm

I can only imagine that a motor traveling at 103 MPH may need time to rest or you risk burning it out
You will probably find in the manual somewhere that you are advise not to use the motor at full power for too long and after 15-25mins of use you must let the motor cool down for atleast 10mins :roll: when I used to race RC cars with motors I used to use a big heatsink on the motor to help cool it down.

A RC car that can go 100mph is just crazy!!, one or two of mine can go 60mph and just controlling it in a striaght line can be tricky.. Ive only got gas powered RC cars/trucks now and I find you need a big open space! :) I have had a few crashes :lol: but you can buy alot of spares and usually just replace that part that is damaged.
I suppose the controls have to be redesigned so that there are levels between 10 and 90 miles an hour so that you don't just fly into full power by moving the controls an inch.
I think your find that there wont be any difference between 10 - 100mph with the controls, it'll just need a steady hand. :lol: your see at the end of the video it says "Experts Only" thats one thing I like about Traxxas, they put all there RC stuff in categories on how difficult there RC's would be to handle/control.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 pm

I'd like to see them set up a jump and hit it at 100MPH! that thing would fly!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 am

brad wrote:I'd like to see them set up a jump and hit it at 100MPH! that thing would fly!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 pm