Industries Aerospace Engineering Modern day jetpack-takes fl

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Industries Aerospace Engineering Modern day jetpack-takes fl

Post by Chuckt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 am

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Industries Aerospace Engineering Modern day jetpack-take

Post by brad » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Would love to turn up to work in one of those!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:54 am

It is a nice invention. I'm not sure what advantage it has over a regular helicopter other than you aren't going to clip the main rotor blades with the tail blades and you might be able to put it the wagon of a pickup truck and use it only for days you are late and just want to park the car and fly to your appointment.

It is the parachute part that concerns me. I like having metal around me. You can even get hurt in a regular helicopter if it lands hard enough.

From time to time, I notice that there are accidents at air shows. I asked a pilot why that there seemed to be about one accident on the news for airshows. I was told that planes might get serviced once every eight thousand hours or whatever they are rated. If planes are only flown for a couple of hours every day, that sounds like maintenance is infrequent.

It looks fun but I wouldn't want to be a human bumper.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Working in the aerospace industry I can tell you that we are kept quite busy!

The reason that they crash at airshows is because they are pushing the aircraft to the limits and are trying some pretty impressive aerial stunts, the more risky the stunt = more risk :)

It's similar to perhaps an extreme sporting event - it's quite likely that someone is going to crash!

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 pm

That reminds me of the jetpack in San Andreas ... only less the Uzis :D
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:48 am

San Andreas?? Im a great fan of GTA :D hehe!

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 am

Best of the whole series IMO :D

I'm mainly into Battlefield Bad Company 2 at the moment, Do you play online Gav ?
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:51 am

Not going off the topic too much hehe :) yeah I used to play online Jay, battlefield 2 :wink: and Call of Duty! :D

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 am

BF2 .... Ace game , I played that for about 2 years :shock:

Waiting for Battlefield 3 now, looks awesome ....

I'll post a link in a separate thread so as not to hog this one anymore ... sorry chuck :)
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")