Raw Video - Navy Laser Sets Vessel on Fire

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Raw Video - Navy Laser Sets Vessel on Fire

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:15 am

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Raw Video - Navy Laser Sets Vessel on Fire

Post by brad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:00 am

And I am not even allowed to import a 1mW laser pointer in Australia!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:14 am

We have some restrictions here.

There really should be exemptions for industries, colleges, professors, etc.

You need to pull some cd or blueray players apart.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Man Gets 33 Months For Aiming Laser At Helicopter
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/0 ... elicopter/

This is what happened in my State and it isn't the only time it has happened. I was walking on the boardwalk at the New Jersey shore and someone with a high powered laser was pointing it up in the air above the boardwalk. We didn't have any safety glasses that you are supposed to wear and I told my family not to look at it because it can very possibly burn your eyes. I do know that lasers here have to be FDA approved.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:10 am

Wow, 33 months for one moment of stupidity.

I am sure he won't be doing that again.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 pm

brad wrote:And I am not even allowed to import a 1mW laser pointer in Australia!
I think they will have to rethink lasers if lasers increase fuel efficiency and replace spark plugs in cars. You might just go down to your local car store and buy one. I hope it is that simple.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/save-g ... d=13546879