Low-Cost Multi-touch Whiteboard using the Wiimote

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Low-Cost Multi-touch Whiteboard using the Wiimote

Post by Chuckt » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 am

You're probably thinking,"That is great but I don't have any software." You can get the software from his website:

http://www.johnnylee.net/

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Low-Cost Multi-touch Whiteboard using the Wiimote

Post by sdudley » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:21 pm

I saw this quite some time ago and was pretty stoked about it when I saw how he uses it for a Virtual Reality head tracking system. I am really surprised that more game companies haven't started developing games using his idea and selling them with 3D glasses. Just watching the perspective when he hooks up the sensors to the camera is simply amazing!

Can you imagine the smilies on Brad's Electronic Projects just POPING out at you? :mrgreen: <--- SUPER 3D dude!

Anyway,

Years ago I built his $14.00 steadycam (listed on his site) and it worked great. That was long before he developed his wiimote stuff. I gotta hand it to the guy, he's creative!
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 pm

I can't believe that I have only just now watched this video!

This is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time! I am going out to buy myself a wii remote, This is way better than the smartboards that we use at work, and the students would get a huge kick out of it also.

Chuck, once again you have given us one very unique and cool video link!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:28 pm

brad wrote:I can't believe that I have only just now watched this video!
Chuck, once again you have given us one very unique and cool video link!
Yes thank you Chuck.

Alas, don't forget this cool video...

Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:56 am

That video is even better!

Guess what I just went out and bought by the way... A Wii Remote!

I'm going to use this in class :D

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 am

brad wrote:That video is even better!

Guess what I just went out and bought by the way... A Wii Remote!

I'm going to use this in class :D
This is good to hear. I want to see some LED's popping off the screen next time I play an LEDBoy! :mrgreen:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:18 pm

The all new 64 Pixel 3D LEDBOY!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 am

Just remember if you haven't played with a Wii, you can't do all the way across a room with the Wii controllers. I'm guessing 6-8 feet may be the range but I don't know what the instructions would say.