Wingsuit Man Jeb Corliss Video

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wingsuit Man Jeb Corliss Video

Post by Chuckt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 pm

http://vimeo.com/15479617

Don't try this at home and don't ask me how to land.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wingsuit Man Jeb Corliss Video

Post by brad » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Wow, that is simply amazing :shock:

elementalrage
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by elementalrage » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Chuckt wrote:Don't try this at home and don't ask me how to land.
It seems that they are trying to find a way to land without using a parachute. They stated that the wingsuit glides 3:1 (3' down for every 1' forward), so I would think that a properly built hill meeting those specs would be in order. Just slide down a hill while it gradually evens out.

Am I nuts to think that? I know it would be a long, tall hill, but it seems the most logical.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

I think it would be cool if he could just do one huge flare just before he hit the ground to slow himself right down and then he could just land on his feet.

Well maybe not, but how cool would that be! :D

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 pm

I've seen the parachute come out in one of his other videos. He has a parachute in that suit.

He has a flight route mapped out using unique geometry because he is too low to use a parachute at different times so if there is an accident then it would be all over. He might have to slow down or pull up a little bit unless he has enough altitude at the end. This is someone who has a lot of parachute and flying (and maybe some handgliding) experience. I wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't already a very experienced pilot.