Clueless iPhone users tricked into drilling into their iPhon

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Clueless iPhone users tricked into drilling into their iPhon

Post by Chuckt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:17 am

Clueless iPhone users tricked into drilling into their iPhone 7

If you do this, your iPhone won't work and you should probably get off the internet.

“A friend of mine told me it worked for him, but my iPhone won’t turn on after I drilled the hole for the jack."

“I checked and it was the 3.5mm drill, so I made no mistake there! What happened? Any of you have the same problem?”

Sad. Very sad.

I could post additional links for this post but they are NSFW.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Clueless iPhone users tricked into drilling into their i

Post by brad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Unfortunately I think people would actually try this.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:14 am

It's sad that someone as taken the time to actually make this video :( the iPhone 7 does actually come with an jack adaptor lead anyway..
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:43 pm

I remember when buying a laptop years ago, I would look for the one with the most external ports and connections as I possibly could! Now technology seems to be getting rid of connectors!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:43 am

That reminds me when PC's started fading out the 9 pin serial port connector, I used to use that port with many peripherals, USB replacements hadn't been released yet or even work correctly!.

Till this day I've still got an old PC running and old OS with many 9pin serial ports :lol: you just never know?!.
9pinPortimage.jpg
9pinPortimage.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 17369 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:50 am

I still teach RS232 to my students and some of them are as young as 17 and they wouldn't have a clue what it is and have never seen it before!

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:32 am

I use RS-232 for the work bench, sending source code from the PC to my home-made workbench computer which compiles, assembles, or interprets, as appropriate, on the fly, in its Forth system, without stopping what it's doing. The host can be anything with a text editor and some way to "print" a block to the RS-232. The PC thinks the workbench computer is just a serial printer, and the workbench computer thinks the PC is just a serial keyboard and that you're a lightning typist. I've tried doing this on the newer PC with USB and the FTDI USB-COM232-PLUS1, but it's very clumsy by comparison.

I really hate USB. It is not one bit hobbyist-friendly. I also think "Universal Serial Bus" is a very inappropriate name, as it can't be universal if there are nine kinds of connectors plus male and female of each, nor is it legitimately a bus if normally one port goes to only one device. I do like SPI and I²C, and RS-232, -422, and -485 are good workhorses too. RS-232 is still being used in industrial environments now 50+ years after its introduction. Contrary to urban legend, its maximum distance is many hundreds of feet, even thousands at lower data rates, whereas USB's true maximum is 16 feet. RS-422 can do 10Mbps at 40 feet, and RS-485 can do 35Mbps at 33 feet. Both can go at least 90kbps at 3/4 mile. I have an RS-232 primer at http://wilsonminesco.com/RS-232/RS-232primer.html .
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:34 pm

I have to agree with you on the SPI and I²C bus's. I have also done some research into the CAN bus and have found it very interesting indeed - unlike any other bus I have come across with respect to how it handles multiple slaves trying to communicate on the bus at the same time.