Make your own E-Books

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Make your own E-Books

Post by Chuckt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:16 pm

I cut and pasted an online article into Microsoft Word and saved it. I added my email address to the Kindle because any address not on the list gets rejected as spam. I emailed myself my Microsoft Word file and it acts as an E-book. I can turn the page by dragging my finger on the screen.

There are articles on the web showing people how to format a file for these devices. I don't spend a lot of time on formatting but it works.

I also heard publishers can sell their works on Amazon and they can charge whatever they want and Amazon gets a cut.
It takes the cost out of publishing a book because you can be your own publisher and Amazon is your distributor. If you've ever wanted to get paid for your work, this is an option...

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Make your own E-Books

Post by sdudley » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:03 am

Hey Chuck,

I just noticed this post (quite late).

Here is yet another option if you would like to create and publish your own magazine...

http://www.magcloud.com/

You can publish books, magazines, etc. They will handle all the printing and mailing. There is no need to warehouse anything as they print each one only when an order is placed. You upload your content in PDF format (other formats work as well), and they send you a check after a certain amount have sold.

This would be great for anyone who would like to publish "how to" books for small projects, etc.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks for reminding me of this again Stacy, I remember you bringing this up months / years ago?

I might look at using it for my projects later down the line :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:31 am

If I weren't so lazy, I would have published about 100 magazines by now! :roll:

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 pm

How many have you published so far? :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 pm

brad wrote:How many have you published so far? :)
A big fat... ZERO!

By the way, how do you like word press for your site builder?

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Word press Is really good. I do plan on adding extra features when I get time and integrate the forum into tbe site. But again, I just need some time!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:43 pm

At least you have a website. I have wanted to put one together for YEARS... never have!

Stacy

PS> Sorry Chuck for hi-jacking your post! :mrgreen:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Well theres another thing to add to your bucket list! And you can now cross off 'hijack chucks post'