Contests and Special offers

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Contests and Special offers

Post by Chuckt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 pm

From time to time, I see companies give away products and have special contests or offers. I thought I would tell you about some starting with this one:

Holiday LED Challenge $4500 in prizes

http://www.parallax.com/go/holidaychallenge

And this is the part I like:
Materials: The submittal must use a microcontroller and LEDs at a minimum. There is no restriction on the type of microcontroller you choose to use for the project, nor is it a factor in the judging criteria. All of these materials must be supplied by the student, parents or a teacher.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Contests and Special offers

Post by brad » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 am

Very cool! Unfortunately there is one slight problem (well for me at least)
Purpose: The Parallax and iGen Student Holiday LED Challenge put on by Parallax, EETimes and Innovation-Generation (iGen), aims to inspire middle-school and high-school students to work with microcontrollers and electronic components to create their own LED holiday projects. The contest is open to students aged 19 and under (those 18 and under require parental consent).

tgraz34
decided to stick around...
decided to stick around...

Post by tgraz34 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Thats awesome. Do you plan on entering the competition?

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm too old to enter the competition. I wouldn't enter it because I'm still a beginner, I don't feel inspired and because I've never won anything in my life, I don't believe the odds are credible in winning, etc. I don't have the time but I would encourage others to try.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I'd be quite keen to see what these youngsters come up with :)