long list of computer manufacturers, present and past

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

long list of computer manufacturers, present and past

Post by Garth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 am

I happened to come across this while looking for something else:
long list of computer system manufacturers, and list of companies that have ceased production (many of which elicit some nostalgia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ufacturers
The field several decades ago was new and exciting, as well as uncertain since no one knew what the coming developments and shakedown would bring. It reminds me of the early days of the auto industry in the U.S. when there were over 100 manufacturers of cars, before it got narrowed down to the Big Three and their components. My grandfather sold Dort cars and Republic trucks.

The many different computer manufacturers were very incompatible with each other in software and accessories. Standardization has been good thing.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: long list of computer manufacturers, present and past

Post by brad » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm

I was looking for osborne computers in the list but couldn't find it. Then I noticed I was looking in the 'current' section...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable