How to make a lie detector (Dewey Mac)

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to make a lie detector (Dewey Mac)

Post by Chuckt » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:34 am

This is about how children can make a lie detector and it is a little bit more than that. These are projects and a book that lead to stem education. You print out the circuit board, put it on cardboard and poke holes through the cardboard and put the components through the cardboard. Use wires with alligator clips to connect the components and you have a product.

http://deweymac.com/files/liedetector.pdf

Not only do you learn to make a lie detector but it makes sound and you children can learn to make sounds with resistors and transistors.

http://deweymac.com/

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to make a lie detector (Dewey Mac)

Post by brad » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Now that sort of thing is a great way to get kids learning. Give them a cool spy book and then incorporate little projects into the story!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:25 am

brad wrote:Now that sort of thing is a great way to get kids learning. Give them a cool spy book and then incorporate little projects into the story!
Yes, and it is cheap. I think even simple projects like these can introduce adults to electronics.

I just bought "Transistor Projects Volume 1" By Forrest Mims, III from 1975 (First Printing) and it cost One Dollar and Thirty Five Cents back then. There are four books in this series.

I also saw a book on Amazon on building a radio from transistors which interests me but I already have another transistor project book on the way.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:58 pm

I remember buying 'talking electronics' books back in the early 90's and they had been around for a while before then. They featured a lot of great projects for people looking to get into electronics (like me back then...)

In fact, the website still looks like it is from the 90's!

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/te_in ... index.html

Colin Mitchell was the guy behind it all and Dave Jones actually interviewed him a while back, here is part 1 if interested: