Proposers Day

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Proposers Day

Post by Chuckt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:39 am

U.S. seeks ideas from professionals to hobbyists on use of available technologies in terror attacks
Uncle Sam wants your brain power, technical expertise and imagination to help defend the U.S. No enlistment required.

The Department of Defense says it needs to understand how everyday objects and available technologies can be used by terrorists.

The range of technologies is so vast that the military's main scientific agency, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), says it needs input from as many technical people as possible.

The agency has put out an open call for anyone from a credentialed professional to "skilled hobbyist" in all technical areas, including IT.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 ... worst.html

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Proposers Day

Post by brad » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:30 pm

I really do wonder how many people would get in on this? I've been designing circuits for quite a number of years now and I don't think I've ever thought about how I could make some sort of weapon. However I guess if I did some brainstorming I could think of something that could harm people - I guess they are just looking for little ideas such as 'well this arduino has wireless and it could be used to detonate....' etc...

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:35 pm

If they'd just seal up the border and quit letting in Syrian so-called "refugees," and encourage Americans to be armed, we'd be a lot safer. 65% of these so-called "refugees" are angry, young, strong, trained fighters with an agenda to subjugate the whole world to their warped way of thinking. Japan's Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said in 1941, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Americans were quite armed, and there was virtually no gun violence in the U.S. at the time (also no antidepressant drugs turning people violent). For the record, the only guns I own are my soldering guns and my glue gun, no fire arms. My three armed neighbors add more to our sense of security than our worthless local Sheriff's station though.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:44 am

I would certainly agree that just about all gun laws are worthless. If someone wants to do something bad with a gun, they basically will just do it regardless of what laws there are in place. However if people with integrity all have a gun as well, they can use it for good I.E. for self defence and to protect others.