Impossible?

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Impossible?

Post by Chuckt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:36 pm

https://www.impossible.com/

"A global community here to help."
The site allows people to ask for something they need, or offer what they can give for free - without expecting anything in return.
I found out about it here first:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30551139

A little caution first. Our police department now lets people meet in their lobby which is under video surveillance along with the parking lot because of all the robberies from meeting people on Craigslist because meeting people online does have risks. So ask your police department if their lobby can be an approved meeting place.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Impossible?

Post by brad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 am

I've had an experience a couple of years ago where I met someone in person to buy an iPhone 4s. We met at McDonalds and when I met them there, they said that the battery on the phone had just died so this meant that I couldn't turn it on to test out etc...

I told them that I wanted to test it all out to make sure it all worked etc... They then said "Well how about you take the phone, just give me half payment now and once you've tested it all out, you can get the rest to me." So I went ahead with it, I got it home and charged it and it did work mostly however it was not an iPhone 4s but rather it was the cheaper iPhone 4 and also there was a small problem with it that I can't quite remember at the moment. They then completely broke contact with me.

So even in person, people unfortunately will take advantage of you.

I think it's a great idea to have a police station as a meeting point. I think my situation would have gone differently!