Hi All!

Feel like saying hi? then go ahead!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
waywardson07
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi All!

Post by waywardson07 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Hey Everyone!

my real name is: Gabriel .. but everyone calls me Gabby :roll:

Im not new to this site, I've been sneaking around since 2010 lol!! :shock:
I guess a late introduction is better than no introduction.

I am a computer science student in the U.S.
I have my A.S. in CIT: Computer Systems and hopefully my B.S. in Computer science soon!!

I love to program games on any device I can get my hands on....(mostly IOS devices lol)
....but, I also really like messing around with electronics. I have for as long as I remember.

I stumbled across this site back in 2010, and have been nosing around learning about electronics from Brad's posts and all the good information on this forum.

I would say that I'm pretty decent at programming, so if anyone has any need for some utility programs (i posted one on the "your projects" forum) let me know. My main focus in school is programming, but I also want to learn more about electronics.

I am also a christian like Brad and believe in the bible as well.

anyways, nice to finally introduce myself to everyone!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hi All!

Post by brad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi Gabby, nice to meet you!

I am certainly glad that the site has been of use to you. Things have certainly died down for me in terms of uploading new content of late, but I guess I just struggle to find time these days. One day I will get around to working on a new project that I can document though.

How long have you been studying computer science for? Has it been great fun? I have been seriously thinking about quoting my job to go to university to study computer science myself! I think a career change would be fantastic :)

While I welcome and encourage everyone to check out the site and forum, it is certainly good to hear from fellow Christians!

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 am

Hi Gabby,

I'm an old Commodore 64, 128 and Amiga 500 user.

I hope to study and implement Brad's tutorials soon. I wish to learn ARM programming. I wanted a more modern "Commodore like" computer so that is why I've been studying products that I could buy off the shelf but I'm not sure if I will see this to fruition.

We are actually running Windows 7 where I work and we need a small program written. I could pay you something for your trouble but I'm not sure if my employer would buy it but a program is what we need at work and I could only talk to them.

Chuck

waywardson07

Post by waywardson07 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:27 am

Brad,

Cant wait to see some new projects/tutorials from you. I like seeing all the things that can be done with electronics. I try to build things myself, but I struggle with things like...(when should I use a capacitor, driving LED's with enough power to get them all bright... etc.). It would be really nice to see questions like these answered.

Ive been studying computer science for a good while now. I started out at a junior college working on my A.S. in CIT, and then (now) Im working on the computer science portion. (the B.S.)... Its a ton of math and I think that has been the longest part for me as I didn't care too much when I was in high school and as a result I had to play catch up for quite a while. (It has been tons of fun and frustration :mrgreen: )

What kind of job do you have ?

Chuck,

nice to meet you too!
are you planning on building your own modern version of the commodore? Sounds very interesting! and also like a ton of work/knowledge needed.

As for the program, what are the requirements? Also, Im assuming it would be written for windows 7 desktop?

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 am

waywardson07 wrote:
Chuck,

nice to meet you too!
are you planning on building your own modern version of the commodore? Sounds very interesting! and also like a ton of work/knowledge needed.

As for the program, what are the requirements? Also, Im assuming it would be written for windows 7 desktop?
I wish to break tradition with Commodore / Amiga users. They are a nice crowd but they wish to stick to their hardware.

Yes, I want a quick program that would accept an address, PO#, etc., and generate labels with barcodes and or labels with barcodes alone but they would have to have not just the STD number number but a serial number that would indicate something like box # 2 of 4. Something compatible with Windows 7 if possible and I'm hoping it will be compatible with future versions of Windows.
Email me for details if you are interested.