hurro!

Feel like saying hi? then go ahead!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fluroblue
decided to stick around...
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hurro!

Post by Fluroblue » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 pm

hay guys i just joined here and just thought i should just say hi.
i have no idea with this stuff so im on here to learn, so dont go talking to me about stuff, cose i probably have no idea what your talking about. :)

ahh im in year 11, im 17, and i live in Sydney. i spent 3 years in Chiang Mai, Thailand starting an orphanage with my family and came back about 2 years ago.

so ya now you know a little bit about me. why dont you add some cool stuff about yourselves :P
thanks
jordan

bitfogav

Re: hurro!

Post by bitfogav » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 am

Hi Jordan

Welcome to the forum, Im sure your learn alot of things here and theres a good bunch of people here too!

So if you need any help with any projects or anything then just ask. :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:58 am

Welcome!

Good to have you on board. Everyone on this forum and everyone in the world who works with electronics, all had to start from the ground and work their way up.

So if you're keen to get into building electronic projects and programming microcontrollers then you have certainly come to the right place. The guys around here are quite knowledgeable when it comes to electronics so you are sure to get some help with whatever project you might be working on.

Some things to help you get started would be my electronics video tutorials, programming tutorials and also the bradsprojects university (located in the forum) where you can learn a whole heap about this great hobby of ours.

If you could pm me your address, I will send you out some parts to help get you started with electronics.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 am

I'm a beginner. I don't know a lot even though I once had a 75 in 1 Kit where you just connect the wires and have practiced soldering.

This is supposed to be a good book to get started and I happen to have one:
Electronics For Dummies by Cathleen Shamieh and Gordon McComb
http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Dummi ... 405&sr=1-1

You might want to pick up "Getting Started In Electronics" by Forrest Mims .

As for getting parts cheap, you can save a lot by knowing what you want to do first, draw up a plan and don't get side tracked.

Check out http://www.futurlec.com/ as they have value packs.
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://stores.ebay.com/Asia-Engineer

There are also sites that will let you get free samples and you can always write letters to companies and they might give you some products as samples.

There are a lot of good tutorials here. Brad's tutorials are what attracted me to this site. You might also want to watch his Youtube chanel because there are some good teaching videos there. My son and I were watching his video on resistors last weekend.