How to stop the flicker of the image

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
el337
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to stop the flicker of the image

Post by el337 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 am

Hi Brad,

My POV display is working well but I get a flicker of ~16Hz of the image or text as is moves.

Do this mean I need a faster motor, or can I change the LED on/off times to get rid of the flicker.

Thanks

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to stop the flicker of the image

Post by brad » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Basically to stop the flicker - the motor has to be rotating such that it updates the image at at least approx 25 times per second.

It can be a little hard to do this because it gets a little unstable at higher speeds.

el337

Post by el337 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks Brad!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm

That's okay :)