Image is not scrolling using PIC 18f4620

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
el337
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Image is not scrolling using PIC 18f4620

Post by el337 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi,

I have followed the fantastic instructions on http://www.instructables.com/id/The-One ... ith-conve/ to build a pov display. However, I could not get hold of a PIC 18f4680 microcontroller so I used the PIC 18f4620. Everything seems to be working fine but when I display something, designating in the code PIC 18f4620 and using Config OSC = INTIO67 no right to left scrolling occurs the image is just static.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Image is not scrolling using PIC 18f4620

Post by brad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 am

That does sound very strange. I don't suppose you could upload a photo of what you do actually get?

el337

Post by el337 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:58 am

Sorry for the late reply as I was moving my pov display to take a picture I knocked it off the desk! Will get back to you as soon as I have fixed it!!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Careful!

el337

Post by el337 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Brad, while I was rebuilding my pov display I suspected that the hall effect sensor was not working properly ( cheap off ebay) so I bought a better model of sensor the Allegro A1203. All is now working well and the image is scrolling!

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a great project!

On to the next one!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am

el337 wrote:Hi Brad, while I was rebuilding my pov display I suspected that the hall effect sensor was not working properly ( cheap off ebay) so I bought a better model of sensor the Allegro A1203. All is now working well and the image is scrolling!

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a great project!

On to the next one!
Interesting... I bought a bunch of 7805 regulators on ebay and they were all bad. Well that is, I have only used 5 of them and all 5 are bad so I suspect the whole lot is bad. I am not willing to build circuits using the rest of them!

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:41 pm

el337 wrote:Hi Brad, while I was rebuilding my pov display I suspected that the hall effect sensor was not working properly ( cheap off ebay) so I bought a better model of sensor the Allegro A1203. All is now working well and the image is scrolling!

On to the next one!
Great to hear that it is working!

Things are very quiet for me at the moment as far as electronic projects. I am knee deep in programming for the iphone - Once I have my first app out there, I should get back to some good 'ol pic programming :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

brad wrote: Great to hear that it is working!

Things are very quiet for me at the moment as far as electronic projects. I am knee deep in programming for the iphone - Once I have my first app out there, I should get back to some good 'ol pic programming :)
I almost have my first app finished. It's not even close to being as extensive as your's, but I'm learning a lot. Honestly I miss programming in assembly!

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Ahh the good 'ol days of assembly!

Life was so much simpler back then :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:41 am

brad wrote:Ahh the good 'ol days of assembly!

Yeah, I guess you could say you have been disassembled! :wink:

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

sdudley wrote:
brad wrote:Ahh the good 'ol days of assembly!

Yeah, I guess you could say you have been disassembled! :wink:

Stacy
Drum roll please!