trouble whit programing?

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

trouble whit programing?

Post by selnesl » Thu May 06, 2010 5:30 am

Hi there and thanks for a great page. I was real happy when I discovered this page so I could learn how to make this displays.
But I cant get it to work, I don’t know why maybe I don’t got in right in programming the eprom or pic.. som times the leds don’t work at all an som times they glows red, green and blue at the same time constant.
Even attempt different components and a simple one without a eprom..
I notice u are trying to make one with just in chip, how is that going? Maybe that one is simpler to make for a seminewbie as me

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 am

Hi,

Yes I have been working on a new one chip POV and it is fully working. I am just yet to document it all so that others can build it aswell. I will just have to find some time when I can take some photos and do a write up of it all.

But I will get it all uploaded hopefully sometime soon!

by the way, it uses just one pic18f4550

Fury
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by Fury » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 am

I take this post to ask about problems I have with the program:

I use MPLAB IDE v7.20, create a new project, and paste your "rgb_led_pov_display2". When I compile, program show me 2 errors that I resolve not due to my lack of experience, the errors are:

- Duplicate label ("COUNTA" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
- Symbol not previously defined (CMCON)

Another question is, program PIC16F628A with MPLAB, and program EEPROM with HxD RESULT?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I am quite sure the problem you are having is because you have not set mplab up for the correct microcontroller.

You just need to start a new project (by clicking project and then project wizard)

Then you need to select what microcontroller you are using. (Pic16f648a)

then once you have done that, you can then open the file to compile it. It will work just fine :)

Another question is, program PIC16F628A with MPLAB, and program EEPROM with HxD RESULT?
What do you mean exactly?

Fury
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by Fury » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 pm

I mean the PIC16F628A is programmed with the .hex of the MPLAB, and EEPROM27C512 is programmed with the .hex to obtain with Excel and HxD, program for paint, I am right?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:00 am

Fury wrote:I mean the PIC16F628A is programmed with the .hex of the MPLAB, and EEPROM27C512 is programmed with the .hex to obtain with Excel and HxD, program for paint, I am right?
Ah yes, I get it now!

Yes you are correct, mplab for the pic and the hex output from HxD for the EEPROM :)

http://www.resicomproperty.net.au/index.html