8x85 RGB whit 1 Chip?

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

8x85 RGB whit 1 Chip?

Post by selnesl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:32 am

Hi guys...
if im not wrong, think i read some where that u was trying to make a pov whit just 1 pic??
did it work?? :roll:

Lars Selnes Norway

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 8x85 RGB whit 1 Chip?

Post by brad » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Yes,

I have written up an instructable that you can find here:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-One ... ith-conve/

And here's a youtube video:

selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by selnesl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 pm

thats so cool.. nice job mr. :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks!

selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by selnesl » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 am

about the hall effect sensor.. i see on google that there are 2 types of them. one whith 3 legs and on whit 4...
is it the one whit 4 thats the one to use.. and are there one kind u like best.. im shoping parts on ebay.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 am

Either should be fine.

I think the one with four legs just has an enable pin. so you can choose to enable or disable the sensor.

With my circuit, I always have the sensor enabled by connecting it to vcc with a resistor.