Component question

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fury
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Component question

Post by Fury » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:00 am

Hi, first congratulations for new web.

I am a noob of electronic but I like a lot, I try to mount 8x85 POV RGB and my question is, what is this component?

http://yfrog.com/e7dsc00038vkj

Thanks

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm

They are capacitors. Used to filter out any noise that may be present on the power supply rail (I.E. they are connected between GND and VCC next to each IC)

I found that I didn't need them (I guess I was just a bit lazy) but it is always good practice to add those caps to every IC in your circuit.

They don't have to be any specific value.

0.1uF would work a treat.