Simple questions.

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TestSubject421
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Simple questions.

Post by TestSubject421 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 am

Has the torque of the motor been an issue when you were prototyping?
I have been wondering if anyone else had that issue.

Did you do any counter balancing to prevent wobble or do you prefer to have the POV mounted to a vice or something?

What LED's do you prefer?
I buy the cheep ones off ebay, but also i have bought the 3$ea full spectrum ones from kingbrite (the freakish ones with 6 legs) and have been wondering what others opinions are.

I hope the new design is going well and i am excited to see what you have done this time!
Any chance for a preview schematic or source code?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Simple questions.

Post by brad » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 am

TestSubject421 wrote:Has the torque of the motor been an issue when you were prototyping?
I have been wondering if anyone else had that issue.

Did you do any counter balancing to prevent wobble or do you prefer to have the POV mounted to a vice or something?
I have just used a medium sized motor that is rated upto 12v. As long as the circuitry is nice and balanced, you should have no problem.
What LED's do you prefer?
I buy the cheep ones off ebay, but also i have bought the 3$ea full spectrum ones from kingbrite (the freakish ones with 6 legs) and have been wondering what others opinions are.
I just do a worldwide search on ebay for RGB LED and I select lowest price first and buy it now. This way you can find the cheapest LED's.
I hope the new design is going well and i am excited to see what you have done this time!
Any chance for a preview schematic or source code?
Yes, I will upload sourcecode and schematics soon :D