how do you ?

Post here to discuss the 8x85 RGB LED POV Display.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

how do you ?

Post by bitfogav » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 am

Hi Brad,,

Great site by the way... Just wondering on this 8x85 POV system, how do you save your picture (image) to the eeprom after making it using the HxD?? Do you save it to the microchips eeprom or the 27C512 chip that you use in your project??

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 am

Hi Brad,,

Great site by the way... Just wondering on this 8x85 POV system, how do you save your picture (image) to the eeprom after making it using the HxD?? Do you save it to the microchips eeprom or the 27C512 chip that you use in your project??
Thanks very much :)

To save your picture (hex file) to the eeprom you need an eeprom programmer. you can pick these up quite cheap on ebay and they either plug into your USB port or the parallel port. just do an ebay search for eeprom programmer.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am

Thanks Brad.. so wouldnt a Pickit2 work to programme the epprom?, also I take it you have to programme the 27c512 chip?? and not the 16F628? :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 am

bitfogav wrote:Thanks Brad.. so wouldnt a Pickit2 work to programme the epprom?, also I take it you have to programme the 27c512 chip?? and not the 16F628? :)
You need to program both. The eeprom holds the graphics whereas the pic holds that info to make the circuit work. You can't use the pickit 2 to program the eeprom unfortunately unless you modified the circuit to use a microchip serial eeprom.

Having said that, I am working on a new and improved 8x85 circuit that uses only one chip instead of seven and it does and even better job than the previous one!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 am

yeah sorry i should have made my last message more clear, but i know you had to programme the 16f628 with the program code, i just ment whether you had to program the eeprom on the 16f628.. :)!! but thanks Brad i understand how your system works better now.. :)

looking forward to seeing your new version of the 8x85 POV

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Ahh, I got it now :)

No you don't need to program the eeprom within the microcontroller :D