Gonna Give this a GO!!

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dannymosquito
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gonna Give this a GO!!

Post by dannymosquito » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 am

Firstly>>> Thankyou Brad for this great tutorial :D
I am a total noob when it comes to microcontrollers. In the past when I've tried to look up info on the web regarding microcontrollers its been a little daunting and I've shyed away from it however seeing this true beginners guide to pics has given me the prod to finally jump in and give it a go.
Will let you know how I go with the tute. BTW I noticed that only the first two links are active will you be updating the other tutorial links in the future when you get the time?
Danny
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where the path lead not and leave a trail"

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gonna Give this a GO!!

Post by brad » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 am

dannymosquito wrote:Firstly>>> Thankyou Brad for this great tutorial :D
I am a total noob when it comes to microcontrollers. In the past when I've tried to look up info on the web regarding microcontrollers its been a little daunting and I've shyed away from it however seeing this true beginners guide to pics has given me the prod to finally jump in and give it a go.
Will let you know how I go with the tute. BTW I noticed that only the first two links are active will you be updating the other tutorial links in the future when you get the time?
Hi Danny, great to have you on board!

I will be uploading the rest of the tutorials and they all should be done within a week. I will try and get at least one done later tonight.

Basically I have all the info saved from when it was on my old site, I just need to transfer all that information over onto the new site, which takes a little bit of time because I need to reformat all the text, update links and resize the photos.

The rest of the site should be done within two weeks I imagine.

sdudley, one of the forum members and now good friend of mine started out his programming with the tuturials and he has now come a long way with his programming, his latest project is a music and sound fx chip designed for the LEDBOY handheld game system that plays all sorts of music and sound fx.

So you get to start off small, and then work your way up :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 am

Yes, the tutorials are great!

As a refresh... I am actually thinking of going back through them again when they are all uploaded. :wink:

Brad has a great talent for teaching and explaining things.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Aww thanks buddy - glad I can help!

By the way, tutorial number 3 is all uploaded, ready for viewing.

dannymosquito
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by dannymosquito » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Hey thanks heaps for that mate... Will probably take me a week or so to get my hands on the hardware side of things anyway. I live in remote Australia (Emerald, Queensland) so it is generally hard to get your hands on electronics although with the internet now there are no excuses. I have the picKIT2 and other stuff I need to get going on order through Farnell. I can't wait to dive into the world of micro controllers.
Sdudley - "a music and sound fx chip designed for the LEDBOY handheld game system" >>> thats definitely a step up from a flashing LED :D
I have so many questions about that actually... but will have to wait till I bring myself up to speed with everything....
Have a good one guys..... and thanks again.....
Danny
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where the path lead not and leave a trail"

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:14 am

It really helps that you can just order online - that's basically how I get all of my components. and mostly from overseas too. It is just so cheap!

As for the rest of the tutorials, they will be up soonish
:)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 am

So Danny...

How are things going with the projects? I am sorry I never answered to your last post (until now). Anything you would like to know, I will do my best to answer.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Stacy :)

harris

pic tutorial

Post by harris » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:25 pm

hi brad im really thank you for all this useful information you have upload for the pic microcontrollers... i am one of those who have trying to learn about the pic's through the internet without succes..and now i have everything i need to start thanks to you...i realy really thank you... i am just 18 and im a noob to electronics but i really love them...thanks again and hello from the beautiful Greece :D :D :D :D and sorry for my english

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 pm

I am glad that you find the tutorials helpful.

As you can see, there is more to come I just need to find some time to upload them.

I hope you have fun with the rest of them :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Harris nice to have you join us.

Stacy

dannymosquito
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by dannymosquito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am

Hi Stacy...
Sorry mate quite rude of me not to respond till now however I have had to travel quite a bit over the last few months and haven't had a chance to touch any of this. I have all the equipment I need and have started tutorial 2 however I am stuck. I have created another topic called Tutorial 2 so if others have issues they can read it there.
Thanks again for all the help you guys give!!
Danny

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello Danny,

Not a problem (or rude) at all. I totally understand. There are times when life is slow (at work, around the house, etc.) and I have plenty of time to jump on the forum and have lots to post and say.

Other times (like lately) I get involved with projects other than microcontrollers, or I get busy at work... yada, yada...

I have not been on much lately and haven't seen your other post. I will go check it out now and see if I can contribute in any way.

Good to hear from you again.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.