Starting Electronics

Post here to teach people how to do something.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Starting Electronics

Post by Chuckt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 am

http://startingelectronics.com/

This forum has a little bit of everything. I think they just started the site.

They have a VDHL tutorial:
VHDL CPLD Course Introduction
Created on: 28 November 2012

This VHDL course introduces the VHDL language and then provides a series of tutorials that demonstrate the use of VHDL running on a Xilinx CPLD. It starts with some very basic and easy examples that will get the beginner in VHDL started comfortably.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Starting Electronics

Post by brad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm actually just getting into FPGA's at the moment!

I will be posting my findings (eventually) but am quite busy with work at the moment...

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 am

brad wrote:I'm actually just getting into FPGA's at the moment!

I will be posting my findings (eventually) but am quite busy with work at the moment...
I took college courses on programming so I know what I have to learn when learning a computer language and I bought one of those books on programming from the "Dummies" series and it was a little worse than my college course. I think that if teachers are going to teach adults, they should start with kids because if kids can get it, anyone can get it. That is probably why I think the book on Python for kids would probably be good for adults too.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

Although there are some kids out there who could outsmart a whole heap of adults :)