DHS: Imported Tech Tainted with Backdoor Attack Tools

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:06 am

DHS admitted that backdoor malware comes embedded in brand-new imported electronics. Yet that security threat has been real for years; a Defense Science Board warned about a tainted supply chain for tech devices and components back in 2005.
This article bothers me because we received a new computer years ago and though we had Norton Antivirus, we were attacked by a virus and I didn't feel we were at fault. I'm suspicious now because of the article.
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/76262

How are you going to know? How are you going to know if that new computer you buy comes with embedded malware?

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DHS: Imported Tech Tainted with Backdoor Attack Tools

Post by sdudley » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 am

I usually piece my computers together but I will keep this in mind if I ever purchase a complete system.

Thanks for the heads up,

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

I wonder what Apple has embedded in their systems????

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:28 pm

brad wrote:I wonder what Apple has embedded in their systems????
Seeds! :mrgreen:
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Microsoft seeds?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:06 pm

Ok, for those who are slow (or over worked)...

Apples have seeds, Microsoft doesn't. :wink:

Stacy