Flash memory may fall to around $1 dollar a Gigabyte

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Flash memory may fall to around $1 dollar a Gigabyte

Post by Chuckt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:50 am

Flash memory may fall to around $1 dollar a Gigabyte. If you want to do some algebra to help you convert to a different currency, an 8GB card runs for around $20-$24 so I would predict the same device would be $8-10 next year. This would make some higher capacity devices more affordable. There are some analysts that say it won't happen so let us wait and see but don't get the wrong deal.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... nomyId=149

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 pm

How long ago was it that harddisk drives hit the $1 mark per Gb?

I was reading through an old magazine from the 80's and it had an ad in there for a 20MB harddrive for $399 :)